Monday 2 March 2009

My visit to Hamilton grammar

As an ex student of Hamilton Grammar I was most impressed on my recent visit. My family emigrated to Australia in 1980 so my memories of it are as a child.

I know work as a Deputy Headmaster in a school in Western Australia, it is called Southern River College. Mr Stewart kindly offered to show me around. I was most impressed by the manners and the attitude displayed by all the students I met. Holding open doors for us, using great manners and generally being neatly dressed and well presented. The teachers were all keen to see us and share their time. I would have loved to spend a couple of days at the school, (maybe next time).

The facilities that you have are marvelous, I really liked the canteen area.

I am hoping that we can setup a link between our schools, I hope you have some suggestions on what we could achieve. I am sure we have a lot of students here that would like to be involved. Although we all speak the same language their are some pretty big differences between Australia and Scotland. My son who is now 13 had very seen snow until we visited the UK, imagine that. Also I am new to blogging so I may need some help, feel free to assist in any way you can.

All the best hope to hear from you soon.

Mr C

No comments:

Post a Comment